Are you a looking for a new opportunity and love finding moments of joy with those who have Dementia? Arbor Springs is the place for you! We are a 56-bed skilled nursing facility located in West Des Moines and focus solely on the Dementia diagnosis. This position is a FT Saturday and Sunday 6am-10pm position.
Under general supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Charge Nurse directs the provision of resident care services for a particular shift and/or unit and supervises the nursing staff assigned to that shift, with responsibility and accountability for assuring that quality nursing care and service to facility residents/families, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and adherence to company policy/procedure occur on that shift. Performs direct nursing services to residents, in accordance with individual plans of care and physicians’ orders. Technical assistance, professional guidance, and quality monitoring are provided by administrator, director of nursing, regional consultants, and other nursing professionals on staff.
Current, valid Iowa license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). Evidence of completion of supervisory course approved by the State of Iowa. Current, valid CPR certification.
- Knowledge of federal and state long-term care regulations and laws.
- Work history in long-term care setting and gerontological nursing is preferred.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Excellent Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Paid Time off including paid holidays