Are you a looking for a new opportunity and love finding moments of joy with those who have Dementia? We are a skilled nursing facility located in West Des Moines. We are looking for an energetic, experienced person to assure medically related social and emotional needs of the residents are identified and services are provided to meet those needs; coordinates discharge planning. Functions within constraints of regulations and established policy and procedure, in accordance with accepted social services standards of practice.
- Develop and implement social service policies and procedures to meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Complete social history and psycho-social assessment for each resident, identifying medically-related social and emotional problems and needs.
- Assess and complete the sections of the (MDS) Minimum Data Set assigned completely, timely and accurately.
- Document the social service component of the Comprehensive Care Plan for each resident in a timely manner.
- Document psycho-social needs, interaction and follow-up action(s) with resident and/or family according to facility policies and procedures.
- Document interaction with residents and/or family; monitors and reports resident progress or lack of progress toward goals.
- Develop, coordinate and participate in family and resident activities designed to promote social interaction and intellectual stimulation.
- Develop one-to-one professional relationships with residents and families as needed for counseling.
- Counsel residents and families in dealing with feelings about death or dying and other emotional, mental environmental or physical limitations.
- Assist with orientation of residents and families; explain residents’ rights and responsibilities; assist with adjustment to facility living arrangement.
- Assess, plan and document residents’ discharge needs in accordance with facility discharge planning policy and regulatory requirements.
- Market/promote facility programs and services to help facilitate priority consideration of referrals by doctors, hospital discharge planners, and community agencies, secondary to Marketing Director.
- Refer residents to social, health and community agencies and complete accurate documentation in residents’ records concerning the results of such referrals.
- Coordinate family and community resources as needed to solve financial needs and to promote emotional security.
- Organize community events related to resident’s needs and interests.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the activity department to plan and conduct events to meet socialization needs of the residents.
- Responsible for skilled discharge letters.
- Act as a grievance officer and handle resident/family concerns.
- Completes initial admissions paperwork and addresses any issues regarding admission. Works closely with Director of Marketing to admit residents.
- Responsible for closing out of charts.
- Provide educational programs for staff regarding residents’ rights, death and dying, and other social services issues as requested.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Work or in a Human Services Field, including but not limited to Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation, Counseling or Psychology.
*Working knowledge of federal and state regulations governing long-term care.
- Vacation and Sick time
- An excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Great retirement benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience